Dicas Canadá


If you plan to visit, study or even work in Canada, you might need to apply for a visa during your stay in the country, and you must be wondering now: What’s the right Canadian Visa for my travel purpose?

In this post you will learn more about:

  • Visit Canada as a tourist
  • Studies in Canada
  • Work in Canada
  • Become a Permanent Resident in Canada
  • Spouse & Common-law companion
  • How to find out what is the best Canadian visa for you

First things first, if you plan to go to Canada you should decide whether if it’s temporary or permanent. Visitor and Student visas will give you a temporary status within the country as your stay will be closely linked to an activity within the country, be it tourism, work or school. However, if you plan to start a life in Canada, you should consider one of the 60+ Immigration Programs offered by the country.

Visit Canada

Canada is popular for its beautiful landscapes and tourist attractions, and if you are planning your next vacation destination, including this beautiful country in your route might be a fantastic idea. If you are an adventurer, you will definitely benefit from more than 40 national parks and several ski areas that make all seasons very attractive for visitors from around the world.

Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Some countries in the world benefit from an agreement that allows the travelers to travel through an electronic authorization that can be issued online through a fast and simple application, and the results of your application will be sent to your email minutes after the application is submitted.

You can find out if you’re eligible for an eTa by accessing CIC website. If your country of origin is not in the list, you can apply for a Visitor Visa.

Visitor Visa

This is the standard visa for those who want to go to Canada as a tourist and are not under the CIC eligibility list for electronic travel authorization. The processing time for this visa is longer than the eTA since your all support documentation needs to be provided as a proof of your intentions within the country.

Studies in Canada

Study Visa: S-X and SX-1

If you plan to Study in Canada for longer than 24 weeks, this is the right visa for you. By applying for the Study Visa (Sx or SX-1), you will be allowed to study Language courses (English or French), study a High School program or perfect your studies on a Bachelor Degree, Post-Degree or MBA inside Canada.

Read More: List of documents you will need to apply for a Study Permit

Benefits of Studying in Canada

Canadians are known for being extremely friendly to everyone, and it couldn’t be different to those who choose the country as their destination for studies. The country offers a high quality of life and beautiful landscapes (Side note: Canadians have mastered the art of enjoying outdoor activities) so get ready to enjoy your at its fullest by studying during the morning and hiking, jogging or visiting attractions during the afternoon.

From the academic perspective, the benefits of studying in Canada include:

  • Career development and the chance to work up to 20h/week when enrolled in a Higher-Education course
  • Variety of courses that ( Co-op courses, Colleges, Post-Degrees, Master)
  • Affordable education when compared to the US
  • Quality of Educational Institutions
  • Public Institutions & Private Institutions

Work in Canada

It’s no secret that the Canadian workforce is heavily dependent on foreign workers, and that is why Canada welcomes hundreds of thousands of skilled immigrants every year. If you want to boost your work experience by working in Canada, you can apply for an Open Work Permit through one of the following paths:

  • Working Holiday Visa
  • LMIA ( if you have a valid job offer in Canada)
  • Post- Graduation Work Permit ( if you obtain a degree from a designated learning institution)
  • Studies in Canada (Co-op program)

Become a Permanent Resident (PR) in Canada

According to numbers released in 2017 by Ahmed Hussen, (Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship), Canada expects to welcome 310,000 new immigrants in 2018 alone, making the country one of the most attractive economies for those who are looking for a new home.

Permanent Residency it’s not exactly a visa, but it is a status that grants you and your family the right to stay, work and study in the country. This status can be acquired through one of the 60+ Immigration Programs currently available for those who want to immigrate to Canada.

Express Entry is one of the most popular programs in effect. It’s a points-based system that attributes points to the primary applicant profile by assessing specific skills such as level of education, work experience and knowledge of English and French language. (Take our free-assessment and find out if you’re eligible for Express Entry).

Spouse & Common-law

If you come to Canada, it’s possible to bring your Spouse or Common-law partner is he/she is under the same visa application as you are. Some of the most common ways are:

  • Studies: If you are a student in a Post- Secondary Designated learning institution in Canada (see list here)
  • Job Offer: If you are under an LMIA
  • Permanent Residency: If you are already a Permanent Resident in Canada

How to find out what is the best visa for your purpose in Canada