canada visa Archives | Canada Immigration Service | E-Visa Immigration

Dicas Canadá
If you are planning to immigrate to Canada, you have probably done a lot of research about the country, and chances are you came across some reasons people say you should NOT move to Canada. Let us debunk some of those misconceptions, shall we?

1. There are no jobs in Canada, even for qualified people.

We know that positioning yourself in a different job market may seem challenging. Even if you are in a high position in your current job, once you move to Canada, you must adapt to your new environment and reinvent yourself in the Canadian Job Market, and that takes time. While it is very likely that you will find a job in your field, you must also keep in mind that it may not be the same position as you had in your home country, since you have yet to acquire experience in the Canadian job market. However, there are several opportunities for work in Canada, you just need to know where to look!

Even if your occupation is regulated in Canada (in that case, you would need to re-validate your credentials in order to work in the same exact field), that does not mean you can’t work in the area at all, it will just limit the positions you are allowed to take.

The hiring process in Canada can be a lot different than what you are used to in your home country. From the elaboration of resume and cover letters to how to behave during employment interviews, you must be ready to adapt to the Canadian job market.

If you want to work in Canada, our Career consultants can assist you with preparing your resume according to Canadian standards, boosting your LinkedIn profile, providing you coaching services through your job interviews and full support in your search until the acceptance of a job offer.

2. Canada is too cold.

First of all, the “perfect weather” is relative. Some people like hot and sunny places, others prefer the cozyness of winter. The good part? Canada has room for everyone! It is a huge country, and you can take your pick.

In Vancouver, for example, it’s rare to see inches of snow on the ground, even during winter. Vancouver winter is more on the rainy and cool side with January being the coldest month, with an average temperature of 32 degrees Fahrenheit (0 degree Celsius). Summers, on the other hand, can get quite warm (average of 72 degrees Fahrenheit – or 22 degrees Celsius), but not as humid as its eastern counterparts. During this time of the year, people from the city enjoy the nice weather to practice outdoor activities like hiking and camping.

Toronto weather is more similar to american cities like New York and Chicago, with four very defined seasons. In summertime, the hottest month is July with an average of 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celsius). Winter in Toronto is definitely colder than in Vancouver, with an average of 20 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 6 degrees Celsius). Torontonians definitely get their fair share of snow during this period – it’s great for skiing and snowboarding!

Don’t worry though – keep in mind that wherever you choose to live in Canada, we are very well equipped to deal with every weather condition.

3. It’s expensive to live in Canada.

We are not here to lie to you – no, it is not exactly cheap to live in big Canadian cities. But it’s all about perspective: yes, it can be pricey to live within big metropolitan areas, but if you are willing to live outside the city centre, you will find that you will be able to care for yourself just fine even if you do not have a high salary.

If you want to know more about the costs of living in Canada, check our previous posts about Toronto and Vancouver.

4. You will miss your family.

It is true, we cannot argue with this one. There’s no way around it: Leaving your country, your friends and family, is not an easy decision, but you have to remember why you are doing this in the first place – to get a better life, your dream life!

Besides, technology is a big help, we have Facebook, whatsapp, Instagram, to keep you in touch with your loved ones at all times. Besides, who said you can’t have visits once in a while?

5. Life is harder for an immigrant

You might miss your family and have to adapt to a new country and new rules, but the truth is Canada is made by immigrants – Vancouver and Toronto are among the most multicultural cities in the world, and according to a 2016 Census, more than 21% of the population in Canada are immigrants: That’s about 7,5 million people! On top of that, Canada also has more than 500 thousand temporary residents. And they continue to welcome newcomers of every race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. Combine that with the welcoming environment Canadians are known for, and you will feel right at home in Canada!

6. Canada is way too liberal.

When we say Canada is welcoming, we mean it. You are free to be who you are, regardless of your race, gender, religion, sexual orientation… But one thing that still worries a lot of people, especially parents, is the cannabis legalization in Canada in October 2018 (making Canada the second country in the world to legalize its sale, possession and non-medical use by adults). However, keep in mind: The Cannabis Act has three main public health goals: to keep cannabis out of the hands of youth, to keep profits out of the pockets of criminals, and to protect public health and safety by allowing adults access to legal cannabis. So do not worry, Canadians may be liberal, but they are also very responsible!

What else have you heard about Canada?

Are you ready to make Canada your home? Count on our team of regulated immigration consultants to guide you through the best strategy!

Dicas Canadá
In 2019, more than 640 thousand students chose Canada as their exchange program destination. With high quality education and institutions ranked among the best in the world, it is not surprising. In addition, according to a survey by the Canadian Agency for International Education, 60% of those undergoing a study program in Canada intend to stay in the country after graduating.
And this is exactly where the PGWP – Post Graduation Work Permit comes in.

What is PGWP?

Post Graduation Work Permit, or PGWP, is an open work permit for international students after completing their study program in Canada.
This permit is valid from 8 months to 3 years, depending on the length of your studies and is a great opportunity for students to stay in the country and continue their Canadian experience, in addition to being able to work in Canada, in their area, full time.
However, it is not every program or institution that guarantees PGWP eligibility. There are some rules and requirements to be met.

Who can apply to the Post Graduation Work Permit.

To be eligible for this type of open work visa, the international student must have completed a course at a public or a private institution at a degree level (bachelor or master) that is on the government list of Designated Learning Institutions (DLI). In addition, the program must have a duration of at least 8 months, and must be full time.

The student will not be able to apply for PGWP (Post Graduation Work Permit) if he has already obtained this type of permit before. Also, those who completed most of their program through a distance learning platform are not eligible, neither are those who enrolled on a language course.


In light of the COVID-19 spread, the Government of Canada announces some changes for the Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) criteria, in order to accommodate students affected by the travel restrictions imposed by the pandemic:

  • Students may now study online from abroad until April 30, 2021, with no time deducted from the length of a future post-graduation work permit, provided 50% of their program of study is eventually completed in Canada.

  • Students who have enrolled in a program that is between 8 and 12 months in length, with a start date from May to September 2020, will be able to complete their entire program online from abroad and still be eligible for a post-graduation work permit.

  • Students who have enrolled in a program with a start date from May to September 2020 and study online up to April 30, 2021, and who graduate from more than one eligible program of study, may be able to combine the length of their programs of study when they apply for a post-graduation work permit in the future, as long as 50% of their total studies are completed in Canada.

When to apply to PGWP.

To apply for the PGWP and work in Canada legally after your study program, it is important that the student’s current permit is valid. The application deadline for the Post Graduation Work Permit is 180 days from the date of receipt of the letter of completion or transcript – but the student can request the PGWP once they receive the certificate of completion from his educational institution.

Work in Canada after completing a program of studies.

As long as the student’s study permit is valid and they arein school, the student has the right to work 20 hours a week – and that’s it. After graduating and receiving the certificate of completion, the authorization to work in Canada is automatically suspended. However, once an international student applies for their Post Graduation Work Permit, they will be in what we call implied status (permission from the Canadian government so that the person can maintain their legal status in Canada while the decision regarding their application is being processed), and then they can work full time, that is, 40 hours a week.

How long is the Post Graduation Work Permit valid for?

The duration of the PGWP depends on the length of the course: If the program of study is between 8 months to 1 year, the student’s PGWP will be equivalent to their course duration. Now, if the program were of 2 years or more, the Post Graduation Work Permit will be valid for 3 years (maximum validity).

However, it is important to note that the final decision on the application and duration of the PGWP is entirely the responsibility of the immigration officer assessing the case of each international student.

The PGWP and Spouse (spouse or wife)

An international student’s spouse (married or in common law for more than one year) can apply for an OWP (Open Work Permit) during the partner’s study period *. After graduation, they may request the extension of their work permit, but only if the student (PGWP applicant) at the time of this application, has a job proposal that fits within the NOCS categories 0, A or B.

Attention: we are not talking about a company that sponsors the student or a process that involves an LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment), but only a proof of contract. The applicant will still need to present 03 pay stubs as proof.

Without this contract, the spouse’s options are limited to enrolling in an educational institution and continuing their stay as a student, or staying in Canada with a visitor status, until the partner obtains a job offer in Canada, and then and only then, apply for a new work permit.

Processing time and the value of a PGWP

According to the Canadian government’s official website, the processing time for the Post Graduation Work Permit is 83 days (information collected in June 2020). The website is constantly updated, but it is important to note that this period may vary from case to case.

As for the cost, currently the fee for applying the PGWP is CAD $ 255.00.

How many times can I apply to PGWP?

A person can apply for PGWP only once in their life – So if the student wants to work full time or even immigrate to Canada, we suggest that they complete a program of at least two years, so that way they have more time to gain experience in the Canadian market with a work permit.

And after my Post Graduation Work Permit expires?

We know that studying at a College in Canada is not exactly cheap. The PGWP period can be considered as a great opportunity to recover some of that investment. However, if you intend to immigrate to Canada after your work period with the PGWP, it is good to start planning early!

If the international student intends to live in Canada as a temporary resident with a work permit, the way forward is the work permit linked to a sponsorship, with a process called LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment). This process is done by the employer, and it is necessary to prove that there are no Canadian candidates who meet the requirements of that job vacancy. It is a detailed and complex process, so we recommend the support of a regulated immigration consultant.

But if the student in Canada is already determined to immigrate to the country for good, there is the option of applying for Canadian permanent residency (PR) through the CEC (Canadian Experience Class) program. This immigration program for Canada is aimed at those who have at least 1 year of work experience in Canada in the last 3 years, at NOCs 0, A or B) and have the required proficiency level (which varies according to the NOC in question), proven by one of the official tests (IELTS General or CELPIP for English, and TEF or TCF for French).

* If the partner is enrolled in a DLI (Designated Learning Institution) institution, public or private at the degree, full time level.

Whether to visit, study, work or immigrate to Canada, e-Visa Immigration Services is here to help you through the entire process, from choosing the right course and institution for you to obtaining a work permit and the permanent residency you dreamed of! Get in touch now and schedule an appointment with one of our study, visa and immigration specialists.

Do you have any questions? Check our video below:

Dicas Canadá

As you may have noticed already, there are many ways to live in Canada – one of which could be right for you! Make sure you talk to one of our regulated immigration consultants to make sure you are on the right path.
Here, we will tell you all about the Global Talent Stream (GTS), the work permit with a processing time of 15 business days, its characteristics and requirements.

What is the Global Talent Stream?

The Global Talent Stream is a type of LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) and a part of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. It aims to provide innovative companies in Canada to recruit the highest specialized and skilled global talent they need when Canadians or permanent residents are not available. It focuses on workers in very specialized positions and those in the tech industry. Canadian Employers benefit from this program as they are not as complex as many other employment programs to Canada, and the entire process is often processed by 30 business days.

This program works as a kind of agreement between the employer and the government of Canada. In exchange for the authorization to hire foreign talent, the company is required to develop a Labour Market Benefits Plan, which outlines the employer’s commitment to create lasting benefits for the Canadian labour market. This employment program contributes to the Canadian economy growth by ensuring that businesses are able to have the skilled workforce they need.

About the applicant (that’s you) you will need a valid job offer for a high skilled position for one of the occupations listed as part of the Global Talent Stream. There are two ways of moving to Canada with this program:

Move to Canada as a specialized worker:

With this Global Talent Stream process, the employer is part of an Association recognized by the Canadian Government to appoint companies eligible for the Global Talent Stream. If the company that is interested in hiring you is part of one of these associations, you can apply to move to Canada with this program.

Live in Canada by working in the tech field:

global talent stream

To live in Canada as a tech worker via the Global Talent Stream program, your occupation must be listed on the Global Occupation List. This list is made of professionals like computer and information systems manager, programmers, analysts, IT consultants, computer technicians, software engineers, web designers, among others.

With this category, you must keep in mind that it also requires a minimum income (salary), depending on your position and province of choice.

So, what’s the difference between Global Talent Stream and regular LMIA? (Labour Market Impact Assessment)?

Although the processes are very similar, the Global Talent Stream does NOT require the employer to advertise the position to the canadian market first, like on the LMIA, where the company has to prove to the Canadian Government that they did not find a suitable canadian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position.

But both processes require a lot of complex documentation from the company, like registration number, taxes, etc.

One final thing: A lot of employers are unaware of the existence of this program – so make sure you share this blog post with them!

If you already have an employer or want to know more about the ways you can immigrate to Canada, contact us! We can make Canada your home.


Dicas Canadá

The Federal Skilled Trades is one of the immigration programs managed by the Express Entry System. Which means you will need to create an express entry profile in order to apply for this immigration program to Canada. Don’t worry – our team of regulated immigration consultants will help each step of the way.

What is the Express Entry System?

Speaking of Express Entry, in case you are not familiar with the system, it is a point-based scheme designed to bring qualified immigrants to Canada, and it takes into consideration some key factors such as:

  •  Age (for a maximum of 100 points)
  •  School Level (for a maximum of 140 points)
  •  Language proficiency (English and / or French) (for a maximum of 150 points)
  •  Canadian work experience (for a maximum of 70 points)
  •  Foreign work experience (for a maximum of 50 points)

During the year, the government releases numerous draws, inviting those with a certain minimum score to apply to immigrate to Canada. For the Federal Skilled Trades Program specifically, the draws usually occur twice a year, but the minimum score needed to apply is much lower than other Immigration programs, like the Federal Skilled Worker.

If you still don’t know what is your Express Entry score, take our free assessment to find out!

What is the Federal Skilled Trades Program? (FST)

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is aimed at qualifying skilled trade workers, with experience in very specific occupations.

In order to be eligible for this immigration program to Canada, you must:

  • Have at least two years of proven full-time work experience (or an equivalent amount of part-time work experience) within the five years prior to application. This experience fall within the following groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
    • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
    • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
    • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and
    • related production
    • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control
    • operators
    • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
    • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers
  • Have writing and reading english skills of at least CLB 4 (NCLC 4 for french) and speaking and listening english skills of at least CLB 5 (NCLC 4 for french).

Keep in mind that although there is no education requirement for the Federal Skilled Trades Program, it is a points based system, so if you want to improve your rank in the Express Entry pool, the higher your level of education, the better!

But there’s more…

Pay attention, that is not all: In addition to the work experience, you need one of the following:

Have a full-time qualified job offer in Canada for at least one year (within the NOCs mentioned above)


A certificate of qualification in that specialized trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.

For a qualified job offer

Sadly, having an employer that is willing to hire you for one of the positions mentioned above is not enough.

Said employer must also sponsor you and obtain an official official letter from the Government of Canada that states that they have tried to fill the position with a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident with no success. This process is called LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) and it is the only way your job offer will be valid for your Express Entry profile and make you eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades Program.

If you have doubts whether your job offer is considered qualified for your profile, get in touch with one of our regulated immigration consultants.

For a certificate of qualification.

The other way we mentioned for qualifying for the Federal Skilled Trades Program is to have a certificate of qualification issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority, regarding that specific trade.

Every province in Canada has a regulatory council that determines the criteria for one person to work in a certain field. When you come to study in Canada, some courses already gives you the certification upon completion, while others might require you to take another exam in order to qualify and be able to work in that position in Canada.

But if you wish to work in Canada without completing a study program first, in most cases, you can challenge the certification. Based on your previous studies and work experience, you might be able to take the exam without enrolling or completing any courses.

However, be careful! It might seem simple, but challenging the certification requires a lot of documentation – so be sure to talk to your immigration consultant to understand the best course of action for you.

Not sure what step to take to make your dream of immigrating to Canada come true? We have experts in immigration, education, and career in Canada! Book a consultation and we will help and support you every step of the way.

If you want to know your score in your Express Entry profile, you can take our free assessment tool!

Dicas Canadá
There are several paths you can take if you wish to immigrate to Canada, but the Federal Skilled Worker may be one of the most sought after programs.

This immigration program to Canada is aimed at those who have qualified international experience outside Canada, and its selection is made through the Express Entry System.

How does the Express Entry System Work?

Before we go into the specifics of the Federal Skilled Worker Immigration Program, we must first understand the Express Entry System:

The express entry is a point-based system and one of the most popular ways of immigrating to Canada. This system aims to bring qualified immigrants into Canada, based on their skills and ability to contribute to Canada’s economy.

Being a points based system, the Express Entry takes into consideration several factors:

  • Age (for a maximum of 100 points)
  • School Level (for a maximum of 140 points)
  • Language proficiency (English and / or French) (for a maximum of 150 points)
  • Canadian work experience (for a maximum of 70 points)
  • Foreign work experience (for a maximum of 50 points)

Each one of those factors adds points to your immigration profile. You can use our free points calculator for Express Entry to see if you are eligible for one of the Express Entry programs. Keep in mind that this is not the only option to immigrate to Canada – you can count on our regulated immigration consultants to guide you to the best canadian immigration program, and assist you throughout the entire process.

During the year, the government releases numerous draws, inviting those with a certain minimum score to apply to immigrate to Canada. The minimum score varies a lot, depending on demand, the current pool of applicants, and the immigration program.

The Federal Skilled Worker Program:

It is the most popular among people who want to immigrate to Canada. It is aimed at those skilled workers with foreign work experience. To be eligible for this program, you must:

  • Have at least 67 points in total.
  • Have work experience within the NOCs (National Occupational Classification) 0, A or B.  You can get points for the number of years you’ve spent doing full-time paid work (at least 30 hours per week, or an equal amount of part-time [15 hours per week for 24 months])
  • Meet minimum level of language proficiency
    • For English: CLB 7
    • For French: NCLC 7

If you need a boost to get a high score in your language proficiency test, we have qualified professionals that can help you be ready to get the score you need!

Do you know what is the required level of language proficiency for your immigration profile? Talk to a regulated immigration consultant, they can assess the best strategy for you!

Of course, the higher your education level and level of english and the more work experience will be a plus on your Express Entry Profile!

And if you think you’re ready to make Canada your home, you can count on our team of regulated canadian immigration consultants, and together we will find the best immigration program for you!


Dicas Canadá
One of the most important aspects of your plan of immigrating to Canada is finding your NOCs. It is also one of the most complex elements of your application to become a permanent resident in Canada. We receive a lot of questions about – So we are here to tell you everything you need to know about NOCs!

What is NOC?

NOC stands for National Occupational Classification and it is the national reference for all jobs in Canada. The NOC categorizes the entire range of activity in Canada, and it takes into account two aspects of the job market:
The broad occupational category: represents the type of work performed, the field of study and / or industry of that occupation.
The skill level category: besides education, training and work experience, this NOC category also takes into account the tasks and responsibilities associated with the job.

What is the NOC used for?

The National Occupation Classification is used to classify and identify all types of jobs in Canada, based not only on the individual’s position in a company, but also considers their occupation duties (meaning, their responsibilities and daily tasks). As you can probably guess, there are hundreds of NOCs, and that’s why you should be really careful when finding the one that best suits your profile. To make sure you are on the right path on your immigration plan to Canada, count on one of our experts and regulated immigration consultants.
In order to organize all of these occupations, the NOCs are divided into groups, or categories:


noc groups

The main National Occupation Classification (NOC) groups are:

Skill Type 0 (zero): management jobs, such as:

  • restaurant managers
  • mine managers
  • shore captains (fishing)

Skill Level A: professional jobs that usually call for a degree from a university, such as:

  • doctors
  • dentists
  • architects

Skill Level B: technical jobs and skilled trades that usually call for a college diploma or training as an apprentice, such as:

  • chefs
  • plumbers
  • electricians

Skill Level C: intermediate jobs that usually call for high school and/or job-specific training, such as:

  • industrial butchers
  • long-haul truck drivers
  • food and beverage servers

Skill Level D: labour jobs that usually give on-the-job training, such as:

  • fruit pickers
  • cleaning staff
  • oil field workers

Canada’s immigration programs use this classification to determine if a certain job or type of work experience meets their eligibility criteria. For immigration purposes, the canadian government considers those with work experiences under the NOCs 0, A or B as skilled workers.

How do I find my NOC?

Like we said before, in order to determine which NOC group fits your work experience and profile, you must consider not only your job positions and field of expertise, but also your responsibilities, duties and daily tasks.

A regulated immigration consultant will be able to assist you in identifying the NOC (National Occupational Classification) that best suits your work experience and guide you through the entire process of immigrating to Canada.


Are you ready to immigrate to Canada? Take our free assessment tool and find out which immigration program is the right one for you!

And if you have any questions, you can always contact us and we will be happy to help you make Canada your home.


Dicas Canadá
Dear Client,

In regard of the latest news on travel restrictions to Canada announced by the Canadian government, and in order to clarify all the information, we would like to point out some measures:


With the pandemic, visitor, study and work visas were not being processed outside Canada, so we are having delays on all applications not completed before March 2020 and the processing time published on the website is no longer a reference as to the expected processing time.

According to the new measure announced on July 14, 2020, for all those who sent / will send visa applications by September 15, for the start of classes in the Autumn intake (Fall 2020), the visa analysis will occur in 2 steps:

  • Step 1 – Eligibility assessment (e.g. LOA, proof of funds, bonds and purpose).
  • Step 2 – Medical, criminal and biometric evaluation.

Even if your LOA has an earlier start date, if up to 150 days after the supposed start date, your study visa process will still be analyzed, even without an updated LOA.

From the approval of the first stage, the student will already be allowed to start classes online (remote, from Brazil). In this regard, we do not recommend starting the studies online without the approval of step 1, as it may affect the eligibility of the PGWP – Post Graduate Work Permit in the future.

Borders still remain closed and access to the country on a study visa, even if the visa was approved before March 18, 2020, will only be allowed in cases considered essential, i.e. if the course requires a physical presence here in Canada. This criterion will be assessed by the border officer on a discretionary, case-by-case basis; therefore, we ask for caution and patience from everyone.

It is important to remember that if you choose to travel to Canada and attempt to enter the country at this time, your spouse’s work permit may not be issued by the Immigration Officer, even if the work permit application has been approved previously.


If you are already in Canada, temporary residence visas (visitor, work or studies) are temporarily exempt from biometrics. This measure is valid for new or ongoing processes, whether for the first application, extension or status restoration.

If you have already paid the biometrics fee, the government will automatically refund it after your process is completed.


Visitors and holders of study or work visas in Canada usually have 90 days after the expiration of their temporary immigration status to apply for their restoration.

As a result of the pandemic and the challenges associated with it, a new public policy has been implemented that provides an extension to apply for restoration beyond the current 90-day period for foreign nationals in Canada. Former workers, students and visitors whose status expired after January 30, 2020 and who remained in Canada will now have until December 31, 2020 to apply for restoration of their status, provided they meet the requirements for the type of status and permit they are requesting for restoration.

Public policy also allows former work permit holders who have a job offer and apply for a specific work permit for an employer to work while a decision on their restoration application is pending. For this, they need to:

  • Have a job offer;
  • Submit a work permit application that is supported by a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or a LMIA-exempt job offer (e.g. via provincial processes with employer support);
  • Notify the Canadian government through the process established to obtain the work permit.


People with approved permanent residence process are still allowed to travel to Canada, provided the intention is to establish themselves here permanently (and not just to validate permanent residence status). For those who have been unable or uncomfortable to travel to Canada due to the pandemic, the government will offer mechanisms to extend the deadline for traveling by informing them of the date of intention to travel.

This request will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and may require new medical examinations as well as the issuance of new criminal records.


Our team of experts is available at our offices in Vancouver, Toronto, São Paulo and Tehran to assist you in any situation related to your Canada plan.

Want to start your study plan, visas or immigration to Canada?

Count on us!


e-Visa Immigration Team

Dicas Canadá
There are many cases of those who come to do a study program in Canada as an exchange student, sometimes even in a short language course, but right after they arrive, they fall in love with the country and start making plans to move to Canada for good.

It is no wonder – Canada is one of the top 10 countries in the world in terms of quality of life, security and education, not to mention that with the growing economy, job opportunities for skilled workers abound!

If you are an international student, stay tuned in your options for immigrating to Canada:

Continue to work in Canada with a job offer.

If you are studying in Canada, you can work *, under the following conditions:

  • Part time (20 hours per week) during your studies (while you are attending classes)
  • Full time (40 hours per week) during breaks (recognized by the government) or during your co-op period.

Regardless of your course type, if you do a good job and your employer feels that you are essential to the company, he can make you a job offer.

But wait: It is not as simple as it looks. The job offer must come from a qualified employer, and this process is carried out through a process called LMIA (LaborMarket Impact Assessment), in which the employer must prove to the Canadian government that there is no Canadian citizen or permanent resident who can perform the same job and have the same qualifications as you. It is a very detailed and complex process; so be sure to speak to the accredited immigration consultant!

* If you are taking a language course, you cannot work in Canada while studying.

Immigrate to Canada through the CEC (Canadian Experience Class) after studies and PGWP.

If your study program has made you eligible to apply for a PGWP (Post Graduation Work Permit) AND you have acquired work experience in Canada during that period, you can apply to immigrate through a program called CEC (Canadian Experience Class). To qualify for this program, you must:

  • Have at least one year of professional experience in Canada in the past 3 years. This professional position should fit NOCs 0, A or B.
  • Have the required level of language proficiency (according to your NOC) proven by one of the official tests (IELTS or CELPIP for English and TEF or TCF for French).

Now, if your spouse came with you with an OWP (Open Work Permit) and worked (under the same conditions mentioned above) while you were studying, he / she can also apply to immigrate through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program as an applicant principal, and you as a dependent.

Immigrate to Canada through a Provincial Program.

A Provincial Nominee Program, or PNP, is a process that allows a  province to nominate a possible immigrant for permanent residence in Canada. As the name suggests, it is a program that depends on the needs and demands of each province, thus, each of them will have its own category, or streams, that will be opened, calling new immigrants, according to their needs in the province. .

And there are several provincial immigration programs to Canada that are specifically aimed at international students, such as:

  • Alberta International Graduate
  • British Columbia International Graduate
  • Ontario International Student
  • Nova Scotia International Graduate

There are many ways and options to make your dream of immigrating to Canada a reality. Count on our accredited and registered Canada immigration consultants and make sure your process is in good hands!


Dicas Canadá

“How much do I need to immigrate to Canada?” 

This is one of the most asked questions for those making their plans to move to Canada. The financial proof, or proof of funds, is one of the required documents for most of those who want to study, work or immigrate to Canada.

Why do I need Financial Proof to live in Canada?

For most cases, the Canadian Government requires those who intend to immigrate to Canada proof they have enough money to support themselves for their initial period in the country while they settle in Canada, without counting on additional income or salary.

How much money you will need to prove changes yearly, so don’t wait too long to put your immigration plan in action!

Does everyone need financial proof to live in Canada?

If you plan to live in Canada, either temporarily (to study or work) or permanently, chances are you will need to hand in proof of funds in your visa or permanent residence application. However, there are exceptions, not everyone who intends to immigrate to Canada needs to have this financial proof. 

If you are applying through the Canadian Experience Class program on Express Entry and / or have a VALID job offer, you might not need to present proof of funds. However, you must be aware that this does not just mean having a  guaranteed job in Canada! It needs to fit within some rules, and in most cases, be  supported by an LMIA (Labor Market Impact Assessment). 


proof of funds canada

Not everything counts as proof of funds to immigrate or live in Canada. The money for the proof of funds must have liquidity, that is, it must be available to you, so equity or real estate are not eligible! 

If you are coming to Canada to study, you may use the financial support of a third party party like a family member or even a school or institution, but they must provide a financial support letter and statements proving that they have enough money to support you and are willing to do so.

However, for permanent residency processes, the money has to be yours and under your name! 

With your money in account, you need an official letter from your bank or financial  institution, on letterhead, with the following information: 

  • include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address) 
  • include your name 
  • list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans 
  • account numbers 
  • current balance of each account 
  • average balance for the past 6 months 

To be sure you have the right documents for your proof of funds, ask your
immigration consultant, and they will make sure you are on the right track!


The amount you must confirm to be able to immigrate to Canada varies depending on the program that you and your educational or immigration consultant have decided is the best strategy according to your profile. 

If you are planning to study in Canada, besides proof that you paid tuition and housing fees, you need a certain amount of money depending on the length of your stay in Canada (in canadian dollars):

proof of funds

If you plan on studying in Quebec, the numbers are a little different:

proof of funds

At the time of this post, for Startup Visa, Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trades programs (in canadian dollars)

proof of funds

For the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (in canadian dollars)

proof of funds

In the Rural and Northern Pilot Program


proof of funds

And if you want to know more about each of these programs, be sure to follow us on youtube, instagram and facebook for all things Canada!

Are you ready to make Canada your home? Then count on our visa and immigration  specialists and define the ideal strategy for your profile. 



Dicas Canadá
You made it – You got all your permits, and now you are ready to start your new life in Canada! The first few days after moving to a new country can be overwhelming, but knowing what to expect can make it a little easier. Check out these great tips for those who have just arrived in Canada (or are planning to arrive soon).


Authorize someone to act on your behalf on your pending issues in your home country.

Obviously, you will try not to have any pendencies left behind in your home country, but the truth is that the future is unpredictable. Therefore, we recommend that you hand a power of attorney form to someone you trust, authorizing them to take care of any matters on your behalf, from mobile phone services to bank access.

Gather your documents

documents immigrate to canada

You would be surprised how many people forget to pack their documents when moving to Canada. So, make you sure you bring these documents with you in your carry-on bag!

  • birth certificate
  • passport
  • marriage or divorce certificate; death certificate for a deceased spouse
  • adoption records for adopted children
  • educational diplomas and certificates; transcripts that list the courses you took to obtain a degree or certificate
  • official vaccination records
  • medical records (prescriptions, test results, x-rays, allergies, etc.,) and dental records
  • driver’s licence and/or International Driving Permit (IDP)

Some of these documents may not be required immediately, but it is better to bring all your official documents with you in case they are needed or useful in the future. Better safe than sorry, right?

And of course, all those documents must be translated to either English or French (depending on the Canadian Province you are moving to).

To make sure you have everything you need, talk to your consultant!

Get comfortable with speaking English.

If you are moving to Canada, there is no way around it: you need to be comfortable in your language skills so you can communicate properly with locals.

If you are looking for highly qualified, experienced and native speakers english teachers, either to prepare you for your new life in Canada or for proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL or CELPIP, e-Visa has partnered with the best in the field! Contact us to find out more.

Another great tip is to read books written in english, or watch movies and tv shows – There are several options out there, take your pick!

Plan where you’ll stay (at least at first)

In order to make Canada your home, you need to have a home, right?

If you want to arrive in Canada with your own place all set up the way you want to, we have some partners that can help you with that, you can count on us to make your life in Canada easier.

Otherwise, whether you are staying with family or friends, or maybe a hotel or airbnb at first, make sure all the arrangements are done before you arrive in Canada!

Prepare yourself for the job market in Canada.

If you are arriving in Canada with a job already, it is a good idea to get familiar with the company’s ethics, cultures and guidelines. If you haven’t already, try to connect with people in the same field as you that are currently in Canada, improve your networking and maybe make some new friends. That way, you know what to expect and who you are dealing with on your first few days at your new job in Canada.

Now, if you plan to get a job in Canada as an immigrant, don’t forget!

  • Gather all your educational diplomas and certificates.
  • Obtain letters of reference from your past employers.
  • Learn about and begin the process of getting your educational and professional qualifications officially recognized in Canada.
  • Find out whether your profession is “regulated” or “unregulated” in Canada.
  • Learn about how to search and apply for jobs in Canada.

We at e-Visa can help you prepare yourself for the Canadian job market, from elaborating your cover letter and resume, to guide you on how to act during interviews. You can count on us to help you get a job in Canada!

Learn about the education system in Canada.

If you are studying in Canada, you get familiar with the school’s location. See where the institution is located and how you will get there from where you are currently staying (if you are taking the public transportation, find out which lines you need to get). You should also be aware of the date and time your classes start – Don’t be late!

If you are arriving with your family, and your children need to enroll in a school in Canada, be aware of the schools around your area, their start dates, how to enroll, what your kids need for the academic year, and of course, how they will get to school everyday!

Apply for Canadian Healthcare

canadian healthcare

The Canadian Healthcare system is famous for being universal and efficient, and it’s for a reason! One thing you should know about public healthcare in Canada Is that each province has its own set of rules regarding who is eligible to apply for healthcare and who must pay a fee or not.

For example, in British Columbia, the system is called Medical Services Plan (MSP) and Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, and holders of Work or Study Permits (for a period longer than 6 months) are eligible for MSP coverage. The fees for this healthcare system went through some changes at the beginning of 2020 and as of now, MSP access is free of charge, except for International students, who must pay a monthly fee of CAD $75.

But if you plan to move to Ontario, the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) is free of charge and covers Canadian Residents, Permanent Residents and Work permit holders (for a period longer than 6 months, and that have worked in the province for more than 6 months already), however, international students are not eligible for OHIP. To understand the public healthcare system in the province of Canada that you intend to make your home, talk to your consultant!

Either way, if you are a newcomer in Canada, we recommend that you hire private health insurance at first, as most provinces have a few months of grace period before their public coverage takes effect. E-Visa can also help you find the perfect private health insurance for your first few months in Canada, contact us to know more!

Get your SIN Number

If you intend to find a job in Canada, the first thing you need to do is apply for your Social Insurance Number (SIN), without it, you will not be able to work legally in Canada.

It is also through the SIN that your taxes are controlled. In order to apply, you must bring your permits (Study, Work, or landing confirmation) and your passport. You can go to any Canada Service Centre in your area, and the number is given to you on the spot. (Update: During the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to ensure social distancing, this process is being done online only, and it might take longer. Check the official government website for more details.)

Get your ID CARD

It is probably a good idea to not walk around town with your Passport or PR Card in your pocket, right? So make sure you issue your Canadian ID as soon as possible.

If you are in British Columbia, your Identity Card is called BCID. To be able to issue one, you need to be at least 12 years of age and be a resident in the province. The BCID costs CAD $35 and is valid for 5 years.

Now, if you call Ontario your home, you can issue an Ontario Photo Card, as long as you are at least 16 years old and live in the province. Like the BCID, this document also costs CAD $35 and is valid for 5 years.

Open a Canadian Bank Account

This may seem quite obvious, but a lot of people forget to open a canadian bank account when they arrive. This is important not only to get your paychecks and manage your income, but also so build a good credit history in Canada and facilitate your day to day life.
If you are an international student, most popular banks offer accounts free of charge for students, and some even have customer services in different languages!
Some of the most popular Banks in Canada are:

  • RBC
  • CIBC
  • BMO

Get a good mobile phone plan in Canada

mobile phone canada

Not only do you need a phone number so your new canadian friends can reach you, but in this day and age, it is very hard to get by without a good data plan, right?

There are several options for Postpaid and Prepaid plans. Postpaid plans are more interesting for those who wish to stay longer in the country, since it is possible to get a new device and include its price in the monthly bill (normally a minimum contract term of 2 years is required for this kind of service). Prepaid plans are aimed at those who already have their own device and want to use it with any carrier. The most popular phone carriers in Canada are:

  • BELL
  • FIDO

Are you ready to make Canada your home? Count on our team of regulated consultants to help you achieve your dream!
And don’t forget, our work does not stop after we arrive, we have several partners that are ready to assist you in settling in Canada, just contact us!