21 October, 2020


Spouse Sponsorship its for Canadian citizens and permanent residents who want to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner for immigration to Canada.

There are 3 types of recognized relationship status recognized by the Canadian Government:

Common Law: if you are in a common law union for at least consecutive 12 months

Conjugal partners: for those who have been in a genuine relationship for at least 12 months where marriage or cohabitation hasn’t been possible because of barriers such as sexual orientation, religious faith, etc.


Spouse: you are legally married for at least 12 months


Who can become a sponsor?


You can sponsor your loved one if you are • at least 18 years old • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident, • able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability, and; • You must also be able to show that you can provide basic needs for: o yourself o your spouse or partner o your spouse or partner’s dependent child(ren) (if applicable)


Your obligations as a sponsor


When you agree to be a sponsor, you must sign an undertaking, promising to give financial support for the basic needs of your spouse or partner and their dependent children. If you are a Canadian Citizen, you can sponsor someone even if you don’t currently live in Canada, however, you must prove that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a permanent resident. If you are a Permanent Resident, you cannot sponsor someone if you are living outside Canada.


How do I become a sponsor?


There are 2 ways one can sponsor a partner:

Inland: Both the sponsor (citizen or PR) and the sponsored are currently in Canada. When the sponsorship application is submitted, the sponsored may also submit for a Open Work Permit.


Outland: Sponsored is outside Canada. In case the application is denied, there is the possibility of rebuttal. Part of the process is in Canada, and another part is processed in the home country.

Processing time: about 12 months

If you want to bring your spouse or common-law partner to live in Canada with you contact us now: We will support you through the whole process!


Know more about the Spouse Sponsorship:




    [config-end] => 0.022758960723877
    [index-end] => 0.14031195640564