Canadian citizenship is the final step of your immigration process.
You can obtain Canadian citizenship either by birth or by naturalization.
Immigrants who come and settle in Canada and meet certain criteria may be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship by naturalization. Being granted Canadian citizenship is a key indicator of successful integration and gives immigrants the opportunity to vote, enter politics and improve employment opportunities.
In a few cases, you may be already a Canadian citizen, and we can assist you to obtain the proper documents before you move to Canada. This may be your case if:
● At least 1 of your parents was born in Canada, or
● At least one of your parents became a naturalized Canadian citizen before you were born.
Why become a Canadian citizen?
There are numerous advantages in holding a Canadian citizenship. Becoming a Canadian citizen comes with benefits that are not available to permanent residents, such as:
1. the ability to apply for a Canadian passport: Canadian citizens have visa-free or visa on arrival access to around 183 countries and territories, ranking the Canadian passport as the 9th most powerful in the world.
2. The freedom to live in Canada or anywhere in the world without losing your status in Canada;
3. The right to Vote and Run for political office;
4. Access to restricted jobs such as high ranked government positions.
Who can I apply for Canadian citizenship?
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:
➔ Be a permanent resident
➔ Have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
➔ Have filed your taxes, if you need to
➔ Prove your language skills
➔ Pass a citizenship test
How to apply for citizenship?
First and foremost, you must confirm that you meet all qualifications to apply. Our team of Regulated Canadian Immigration consultants can assist you with confirming your eligibility as well as answering all your questions.
After you have confirmed your eligibility, you must prepare your application package and pay the application fees. Once your application has been received by IRCC, you will be invited to take your Citizenship test and have an interview with an Immigration Officer.
The test lasts for 30 minutes and contains 20 multiple choice questions. Applicants for citizenship must answer at least 15 (75%) questions correctly to pass the test.
If you pass the test, you will be contacted to take part in your Citizenship Ceremony.
Our team of experts can assist you from confirming your eligibility, to preparing all documents and forms for your application. The most correct and organized your application is, the higher the chances to have your application approved within an optimal processing time.