The Super Visa is a temporary visa given to parents and grandparents of a Canadian citizen or permanent residents of Canada, which enable them to come to Canada as a visitor for a stay of up to five consecutive years from their initial entry, without the need of having to renew their status. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years.
Super Visa Eligibility
To be eligible for a super visa, you must:
• be the parents or grandparents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and
• have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
o a promise of financial support for the length of your visit
o the list and number of people in the household of this person
o a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
• have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:
o valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry
o at least $100,000 coverage
o have proof that the medical insurance has been paid
Do you know that e-Visa Immigration can assist you with your Super Visa mandatory medical insurance? Contact us for a quote.
There are additional requirements to be met, as follows:
• You must apply for a super visa from outside Canada
• You cannot be inadmissible to Canada
• You must take an immigration medical exam
• You must pass a security and health eligibility check.
You can’t include dependants in this application.
Your dependants are not eligible for a super visa. They can still apply for a visitor visa to visit Canada for up to 6 months.
How to apply for Super Visa
To start the application for the Canadian Super Visa, there are several forms and steps that you as the applicant must go through. The steps for applying for a Super visa are explained below:
- Confirm your eligibility for the Canadian Super visa.
- Obtain your Medical Insurance following Canadian government requirements
- Complete the documents required for the Super visa.
- Submit your Super Visa Application
- Wait for processing and respond to additional requests for information, if any.
- Send your passport for stamping.