18 November, 2020




Do you want to visit Canada and want to know more about visas? Today we will explain about visitor visa, eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) and Super Visa.


Visitor Visa


Most travelers need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You may also need one if you’re transiting through a Canadian airport on your way to your final destination.
A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is an official document that is a stick in your passport. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to enter Canada.

You can apply for a visitor visa online or on paper.

The Canadian Visitor Visa allows the holder to go to Canada for purposes such as: Tourism, Business or to visit family and friends.




You must meet some basic requirements to get a visitor visa.
The most relevant requirements are listed below:

have a passport that is valid for 6 months or more.

have no criminal or immigration-related convictions.

convince an immigration officer that you have ties to your home country.

convince an immigration officer that you will leave at the end of your visit in Canada.

have enough money for your stay: The amount of money you will need depends on the purpose of your visit and how long you plan to stay; also, if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.

If you cannot prove that you are eligible for the Canadian Visitor visa, then they will reject your application.

You can also be refused a visa for security or health-related reasons.


How long you can stay


Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada.
At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months. If so, they’ll put the date you need to leave in your passport. They might also give you a document, called a visitor record, which will show the date you need to leave by.
If you don’t get a stamp in your passport, you can stay for 6 months from the day you entered Canada or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.

Make sure you need a visitor visa before you apply

You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization.

The entry document you need depends on:

the type of travel document you plan to travel with the country that issued your

travel document

your nationality your method of travel to Canada for this trip


eTA – Electronic Travel Authorization


An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals traveling to Canada by air. An eTA is electronically linked to a traveler’s passport. It is valid for up to five years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first. If you get a new passport, you need to get a new eTA. With a valid eTA, you can travel to Canada as often as you want for short stays (normally for up to six months at a time).

Applying for an eTA is a simple online process that takes just a few minutes to complete. Most applicants get their eTA approval (via an email) within minutes.  An eTA costs CAD $7.
eTA doesn’t guarantee entry to Canada. When you arrive, a border services officer will ask to see your passport and other documents.


Super Visa


The Super Visa is a temporary visa given to parents and grandparent of a Canadian citizen and permanent residents to come to Canada as a visitor for a stay of up to two consecutive years from their initial entry, without the need of having to renew their status. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.


Super Visa Eligibility


To be eligible for a super visa, you must:

be the parents or grandparents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada and have a signed letter from your child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:

a promise of financial support for the length of your visit

the list and number of people in the household of this person

a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document

have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that is:

valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry

at least $100,000 coverage

have proof that medical insurance has been paid


There are additional requirements to be met, as follows:


You must apply for a super visa from outside Canada

You cannot be inadmissible to Canada

You must take an immigration medical exam

You must pass a security and health eligibility check.

You can’t include dependants in this application.

Your dependents are not eligible for a super visa. They can still apply for a visitor visa to visit Canada for up to 6 months.


Here at E-VISA we have a team of experts who will take care of your visa application and help you through the whole process. Contact us now and make your appointment.




    [config-end] => 0.026978969573975
    [index-end] => 0.1629638671875