23 July, 2020


There are many cases of those who come to do a study program in Canada as an exchange student, sometimes even in a short language course, but right after they arrive, they fall in love with the country and start making plans to move to Canada for good.

It is no wonder – Canada is one of the top 10 countries in the world in terms of quality of life, security and education, not to mention that with the growing economy, job opportunities for skilled workers abound!

If you are an international student, stay tuned in your options for immigrating to Canada:

Continue to work in Canada with a job offer.



If you are studying in Canada, you can work *, under the following conditions:


  • Part time (20 hours per week) during your studies (while you are attending classes)
  • Full time (40 hours per week) during breaks (recognized by the government) or during your co-op period.


Regardless of your course type, if you do a good job and your employer feels that you are essential to the company, he can make you a job offer.

But wait: It is not as simple as it looks. The job offer must come from a qualified employer, and this process is carried out through a process called LMIA (LaborMarket Impact Assessment), in which the employer must prove to the Canadian government that there is no Canadian citizen or permanent resident who can perform the same job and have the same qualifications as you. It is a very detailed and complex process; so be sure to speak to the accredited immigration consultant!

* If you are taking a language course, you cannot work in Canada while studying.

Immigrate to Canada through the CEC (Canadian Experience Class) after studies and PGWP.


If your study program has made you eligible to apply for a PGWP (Post Graduation Work Permit) AND you have acquired work experience in Canada during that period, you can apply to immigrate through a program called CEC (Canadian Experience Class). To qualify for this program, you must:


  • Have at least one year of professional experience in Canada in the past 3 years. This professional position should fit NOCs 0, A or B.
  • Have the required level of language proficiency (according to your NOC) proven by one of the official tests (IELTS or CELPIP for English and TEF or TCF for French).



Now, if your spouse came with you with an OWP (Open Work Permit) and worked (under the same conditions mentioned above) while you were studying, he / she can also apply to immigrate through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program as an applicant principal, and you as a dependent.

Immigrate to Canada through a Provincial Program.


A Provincial Nominee Program, PNP, is a process that allows a  province to nominate a possible immigrant for permanent residence in Canada. As the name suggests, it is a program that depends on the needs and demands of each province, thus, each of them will have its own category, or streams, that will be opened, calling new immigrants, according to their needs in the province. .

And there are several provincial immigration programs to Canada that are specifically aimed at international students, such as:


  • Alberta International Graduate
  • British Columbia International Graduate
  • Ontario International Student
  • Nova Scotia International Graduate


There are many ways and options to make your dream of immigrating to Canada a reality. Count on our accredited and registered Canada immigration consultants and make sure your process is in good hands!

    [config-end] => 0.026132106781006
    [index-end] => 0.15208697319031